The Charm Of Having Shin Hye Sun Playing Major Roles In K-Drama And K-Movies


I admit that it took some time for me to get into K-Dramas and I haven't watched reviewed any K-Movies yet. I do think I might watch her latest project Innocence and maybe try watching The Sound of Flower and Baekdu Mountain starring the rather eccentric Suzy Bae. Now, it's time to focus on Shin Hye Sun. She does remind me of a puppy love I took too seriously and maybe why I fell for that girl who somehow resembles her. I used to find said person really pretty when she wasn't. Then I think about how Hye Sun has been called ugly.

According to Soompi - she showed her rather admirable conduct when she replied this way about people calling her "ugly":

I receive a lot of comments calling me ugly or a nobody. I look up articles about me a couple times a day. I read all the comments one by one too, only because I’m curious about the stories surrounding me. However, I’m now slowly practicing not to take comments to heart.

I'm just reminded of why I probably found a certain someone who looks like her to be pretty. Pretty at the heart is probably the best way to describe it. I don't find Hye Sun to be pretty. She's not even bothered about being called ugly. She's not lashing it out. Instead, she's having a strong character as she doesn't take bad comments to heart.


What she lacks in good looks (and need I say that she is CARDBOARD) - she always makes it up with her good acting and maybe her good character. Somehow, she reminds me of Sayuri Uchida from Chojin Sentai Jetman on the appearance and performance scale. Both have the charm that makes a man fall for her even if they do lack the good looks. Just looking at her humble speeches in receiving her awards made me think of a girl I used to be infatuated with. That girl I was infatuated with (and looks like Hye Sun) also received her cum laude award with much humility. She never bragged about it.

Need I mention that while she bears some resemblance to Philippine politician (and activist) Sarah Elago but the difference is more than just the skin tone. Hye Sun is whiter than Sarah in both complexion and the heart. Not to mention, she also has that smiling disposition which may remind me of why I thought my former crush was that pretty. Hmmm, a good heart goes a long way right? I guess that's how Hye Sun gives off her charm even if she might be considered physically ugly by some people too.

Ever found her role charming in K-Drama and K-Movies?

Comments

  1. I wonder what are the "standards for beauty" of those people who called her ugly. Shin Hye-Sun has that charisma, she draws you towards her. Her eyes expresses a lot of things without needing to say a single word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Nonsense!!! Shin Hye Sun is the most versatile and beautiful actress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment