Now Watching #30But17 AKA Still 17

The wonders of the digital age really work when it goes beyond the computer. Now, with digiboxes and a monthly paid subscription - the local Philippine TV may be rapidly becoming a thing in the past. I'm now trying to watch Still 17 which stars Shin Hye Sun. Shin Hye Sun's role as Seo Ri is a woman who spent 13 years in a coma. She has lost contact with the real world. Much can happen in a few years and more so in 13 years. She's a 30-year-old woman who still has the mind of an adolescent.

So, I'll give the show my initial thoughts. As said, since I'm watching the show at my OWN PACE so just don't expect episode reviews. I'll just blog about when it's convenient. Meanwhile, I'm still watching Lingjian Mountain where I'm in a good half of the show. I could choose to schedule my watches due to real-life issues. Now, it's time to give my first impressions on this show.

I really thought about how my head tends to be stuck in my teens. Woo Jin is enamored with Seo Ri who was a promising young violinist. Something with the bus incident really has him blaming himself for the accident. Like WTF. There's also that rather crazy multiple crash scenes which remind me of why I'm thankful for traffic rules. Seo Ri goes into the hospital comatose. Woo Ji thinks she's dead when the line goes flat. I don't really blame him. What he doesn't know is that 13 years later - they would meet again!

I could credit Hye Sun for her acting. She may not be pretty (but I would have probably thought she was as if I were still a teenager) but her acting makes up for it. I still can't help but notice her lack of face and sex appeal while admiring her in some way. I like how she manages to carry out the person who is now shocked at the upgrades. Does anybody still remember the older mobile phones? She's shocked to see the touch screen smartphones. She notices even her old house was sold and has a new owner. It just goes from bad to worse as she can't find her uncle and aunt-by-marriage. She notices a lot has changed. Her dog is now an old dog. Can you imagine the shock it must've been for this lady? Even her own face shocks her and she's still mentally 13 years old! Talk about the years of school she's missed. Would she enroll in a university soon enough?

The way things unfold is something. The past meets the present. Will people soon recognize who Seo Ri really is? The lighthearted nature somehow makes me think our teenager in an adult's body protagonist will soon find her way through!

Comments