Vagabond 15: Are You Trolled Enough Yet?!

Predictable or not? Honestly, I guess you always call suspense as suspense because you don't immediately know what happens next 90% of the time. Sometimes, you've got more than one bad guy weaved into the story. Vagabond is exactly that and the spoilers here is this - if you haven't watched the show PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POST. But if you're a spoiler addict like me then GO AHEAD BE MY GUEST!

I have to admit that I was already prepared for the possibility of a Scream 4 remake in this script. I admit, I kinda wanted Suzy Bae to act as Michael's girlfriend OR have her act as the bitchy sniper Lily. Suzy has a blackbelt so I'd really NOT mind her playing a vicious villain - just give her a good script, make her dangerous, give her a strong protagonist to fight against, give her a good villain for a higher-up (or make her Jill Roberts-like), and we're good! 

This episode does shed a generous amount of blood. Sang Mi has been brutally murdered and I really would panic if I saw it. She can't even speak and she starts writing down the words "Samael". It's a code name. Just who is Samael anyway? Personally, I would admit I did have some disappointments with who Samael is. You can try to guess why. But I'd like to spill out as many reasons why I find the revelation not to be too good.

I always felt the scene of the President and Prime Minister to what it should be - the center stage! I do love how Dal Gun screams and says, "President, maybe you're being used!" It's really a problem when commoners (especially with lower intelligence) end up being right where those with high credentials are wrong. It's really reminding me of being told, "Shut up, you have no credentials!" even if the person is right. I feel Dal Gun might inadvertently represent any Filipino of low status discovering the truth about politics. The whole scene of the Prime Minister is REALLY that suspenseful if you ask me.

Here's the major spoiler - Edward IS the one called SAMAEL! I did find it predictable that Mikey IS the girlfriend of Michael. So why Hae Ri wore a black coat in that same mission is beyond me. If Hae Ri was called Elsa - it maybe her English name for all we know. I don't find this part too interesting. I always felt if Edward were meant to be a rival villain to Jessica - he should just be a regular villain. I always felt WTF as to why isn't Prime Minister Hong well... Samael? I mean, the Prime Minister has all that power to operate it, hide Mikey's involvement, and even use Dynamic Systems to his advantage. I think Edward should've been just a bootlicker to a powerful figure like the Prime Minister. Edward as Samael is somewhat anti-climatic to me because he feels more like he should just be another accomplice. I still felt like hitting my head across the wall not because Edward is the Bigger Bad but I wanted a more imposing figure like a politician to be pulling the strings. I mean, Edward's revelation is a villain isn't a bad twist. Just that, I wish he said, "The Prime Minister is Samael. Now you know! Now die you piece of sh*t!" at the ending of this episode.

The revelation that it was Mikey and not Hae Ri that killed Michael isn't surprising. The way Woo Gi felt Mikey was familiar is too predictable. Chief Gang doesn't even want Mikey to know about Operation Vagabond. It makes now because Mikey is the killer of Michael. So, Jessica was partly telling the truth when she didn't order Michael's death. What's more important is that Jessica herself used to be partners with Edward. I think the whole rivalry between the two criminals is well-played to troll the viewers. Mikey had the tattoo all along and why Dal Gun keeps escaping was a well-orchestrated scheme. You can see how both rivalries are played. Jessica is the Big Bad who is unknowingly manipulated by the Bigger Bad. I admit, this kind of writing is very difficult to pull off. On the other hand, I do still feel that Mikey should've been receiving calls from the Prime Minister more than Edward. She feels more like a worthy stooge for a politician than a businessman.

I also wish that Jessica would confess or add something like, "I was a fool to trust the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister is behind everything! One man you think you can trust is his lackey!" Maybe, have Jessica end up revealing how she got into a deal with the Prime Minister as Samael. I feel sorry for her already because she's not as well-utilized as I think she should be. Sure, she's one badass villain but I just felt she got shoved aside. I always felt she could've broken out of jail, get even, or even try to grab power from the Bigger Bad for herself. Sadly, she's not that well-utilized as the show's secondary villain IMHO. I wish Lily broke her out and she would say, "SAMAEL!" while wishing to grab power for herself. I just feel like her arrest was anti-climatic because she could've been simply a player in the drama. Maybe, have them work for a common master while being rivals. I just feel like Jessica is now pretty much just a weakling. Like, I wish both she and Edward would die horrible deaths for their crimes. Maybe, have them gunned down to death or have the Prime Minister kill them himself.

Preview-wise, Hae Ri goes to jail. I'm just wanting to make fun of the fact that K-Drama seems to have an obsession with jailtime. Meanwhile, that beginning scene with Dal Gun and Suzy. I'm suspecting the biggest trolling is about to happen yet! Though I do feel Dal Gun is about to become a puppet of Samael which may lead to him doing the scene at the beginning. Though I do feel something stupid is about to happen. What if we're all going to get Deadpool to break the fourth wall tomorrow evening? Suspense needs all the suspense it can get, right? 

Comments