Jerry Yan X Shen Yue Just Feels PLAIN WRONG IMHO

Image taken from Drama Panda

Well, it turns out that Dao Ming Si from 2001 is landing over with Shan Chai from 2017 but I'd tell you -- it's just sort of plain wrong! I do even think something's kinda weird about Red Mask's actor Kazunori Inaba marrying a woman 21 years his junior. I mean, Inaba is old enough to be my dad! He's a father figure to many 90s children! Then I think about Jerry Yan and Shen Yue landing a role as a couple and the two are 20 years apart. Come on, Jerry could've been either her uncle or even her dad depending on the time period we're living! So what's really up with the huge age gap of cast differences?

Who can remember the movie Future Cop starring Andy Lau and Barbie Xu-Wang? They had a 15 year age gap so it's not that disturbing. But I consider the fact that the Taiwanese TV series Flower Falls, Flower Bloom had Chin Han (who also resembles Jerry Yan in some way) paired up with the much younger Yue Ling whom they have a 22 year age gap. Chin Han is also 13 years older than Leanne Liu. Then real-life kicks in such as when Richard Li's short-lived relationship with Isabella Leong De Silva - he was 21 years her senior! Maybe, one can consider Aaron Kwok is married to a woman 19 years his senior and they are now both parents. Deric Wan is a father at 50 years old and is married to a woman 20 years his junior. I do find these awkward until I find myself in it.

Personally, I think Jerry should've been paired with either Esther Liu or Liu Yi Fei for his upcoming TV series. Yi Fei tends to play parts younger than her actual age. Esther would probably have Leanne's sharp eyes and appeal. Yi Fei strongly resembles Brigitte Lin (who was eight years younger than Chin Han). Though I wanted to have a Jerry x Barbie comeback with the Taiwanese series Secular Romance or the drama After Many Red Sunsets. Barbie and Jerry in their early 40s could possibly still pull the tragic love story together. 

What are your thoughts on what could be a very awkward pairing for the nth time? 

Comments