I'll Be Rewatching Westside Story Soon

I could remember watching Westside Story dubbed in Tagalog in ABS-CBN. It would look like a J-Drama on the surface BUT it's actually Taiwanese. Granted, I saw My MVP Valentine dubbed in Tagalog first on GMA-7 so I automatically knew it was Taiwanese and not Japanese. Those were the days when I still was indifferent to the robotic Tagalog dubs done by both networks. 5566 really had some good music which I enjoyed alongside F4 and other Taiwanese singers - way back before there were translations online. I just hummed along with the song without understanding a single word. I even wonder how Filipino fans of the show reacted to it.

College exams were one thing that got in the way so I watched it on a very irregular basis. There wasn't any Netflix or similar services back in the 2000s. The digital subscriber line or DSL was very expensive back then. It was a limit I had to face. I had to really study for my exams or flunk right? I remembered having a crush on the female character Yu Li because she was just that pretty. I watched it for her though the engaging plot was also distracting. I remembered watching it for her unlike Meteor Garden and My MVP Valentine where I watched it for the plot. For Westside - all I think

Right now, I'm just thinking about rewatching it. Would I do summaries or not? There's really a lot of complexities as there's the struggle of me vs. the normies. Granted, the series was already done 16 years ago so I'd be marathoning it. Marathoning equals no episode summaries or just random posts from here and there. I kinda want to do Sentai Bandicoot's style or not which may be up to me. But right now, I'd just do it at my own pace regardless of a show that I watched back in college!

Comments