Kamen Rider 01 Episode 2: That Conflict Of Interest Between Hiden Intelligence And AIMS


Well, this is fast, isn't it? I may decide to either use Rider-Time or Over-Time subs (depending on who comes first) as I'm no Japanese speaker! I'm going to for a bit of this week's episode. I thought about it that I may use minimal pictures in my Kamen Rider Zero-One related posts (and maybe the same for the upcoming Vagabond-related posts). Hmmm... I may need to study the way Sentai Bandicoot does his reviews and mix my own touch. Maybe, I might do the same for the Ryusoulger-related posts soon too for a change. Now, it's on for an episode review with some images taken from Nihon Hero.

I admit, that I tend to side with angry sidekick characters a lot. It's no secret that my favorite character in Lupinranger vs. Patranger is Keiichiro or that my favorite Dragon Ball Z character is Vegeta. Now, I think I'm really liking the other rider named Isamu. Isamu reminds me of myself as someone who'd be too determined to do anything personally. Isamu suffered from a childhood trauma that looks like it was ripped off from a Hollywood horror movie. At this moment, I remembered that time I got scared of the trailer of The Terminator or whatever film that was that involved futuristic robots. I kind of remembered the nightmare I had of robots invading the Earth. I couldn't forget the shaky feeling I had after that nightmare. I don't blame Isamu for actually hating HumaGears due to the berserk effect. Yet, he ignorantly blames Hiden Intelligence without knowing the whole picture. I think this would play a good backstory for the anti-hero who is traumatized by the incident called DayBreak. Hmmm... doesn't that remind you of the incident that happened in Kamen Rider Drive called the Global Freeze? Should we take the HumaGears as a new, upgraded form of the Roidmudes?

The other conflict is Isamu and his colleague Yua. Yua is in charge of arsenal while Isamu is the captain of the AIMS unit. Isamu is pretty much the reckless guy. I thought that I would be THAT RECKLESS too if all these weren't just fiction. I could imagine myself arguing with a female comrade who'd point out that I'm reckless. I can imagine how I do tend to like reckless heroes at times like Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z. Both of them are a tandem yet they have opposing personalities. Yua being a woman tends to be more calm and collected. I noticed men tend to be more reckless than women most of the time. In police shows, women tend to be the tactical ones while men are more in charge of brute force most of the time. I do love how these two work together in spite of that. I also love the office investigation scene. After all, wasn't it that a HumaGear caused the chaos in the first place?

What's interesting is that Izu tells our hero Aruto not to reveal his secret identity as a Kamen Rider for obvious security reasons. Just think Tokusatsu GaGaGa says it's not evil to hide your identity to protect your normal life. Though, there's much deeper into it. What's worse is that when the HumaGear gets reprogrammed that they have no choice but to exterminate it. It reminds of Megaman X's situation that some of the robot masters have gone far too Maverick and must be exterminated. It may also remind you of Resident Evil where humans who become zombies must be put out of their misery. Aruto would later take his mantle as CEO (to do his job as Zero-One) which he reveals that the berserk HumaGear incidents were a result of the evil group Extinction Thunderstrike.net (Metsujo Jinrai.net) and not the fault of Hiden.

They even have a surveillance camera to prove it. Both Isamu and Yua are there unaware that Kamen Rider Zero-One is just right there -- the same person they tried to shoot earlier thinking he was the enemy. So I wonder how will this play into the pieces? I don't think Isamu will easily believe the words of Aruto. I can expect a bit of a cat and mouse gameplay. Though, I may expect them to eventually work things out midseason.

Personally, I'm finding this one more exciting to do than my next Ryusoulger-related post!

Comments