Investigate A Plane Crash, Get Yourself Into Unexpected Danger

I remembered the first time I saw Lee Seung Gi was in the TV series Brilliant Legacy where was a wimpy brat that matured into a changed man. Then I saw Gu Family Book (which was probably based on the Japanese Manga Inuyasha) which starred both Lee Seung Gi and Suzy Bae for the first time. Okay, it does get some flak now that K-Dramas are superior to Filipino TV dramas because the latter tends to promote love teams -- nothing is wrong with a love team if it's not done too often. I would have actually wanted Jerry Yan and Barbie Xu-Wang to have another project beyond Meteor Garden and Meteor Garden II because they had chemistry similar to Chin Han and Leanne Liu. I did like the chemistry of Seung Gi and Suzy in Gu Family Book where the crazy ending suggested that we'd get a sequel but we never did. In fact, Vagabond has totally different characters when Seung Gi and Suzy are having a second project together six years later. There's a press conference next Monday and the show will premiere on Friday. 

I was reading through Koreaboo and I'm delighted at how both Seung Gi and Suzy responded to the project invitation. Seung Gi was really the choice of Director Yoo for some reason. Was it because of his performance in many previous series? It was hard to take Seung Gi seriously the first time I saw him but he proved me wrong. I think Director Yoo In Shik had made such a good decision to get the potential of the two actors after Gu Family Book. The repeat performance after some time since they had a project together is more welcome than the rather redundant Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo pairing. Note to ABiaS-CBN -- NEVER attempt to remake this one with Daniel and Kathryn! GMA-7 might be eyeing to either bastard-dub it and even make their own bootleg-quality remake out of it!

Seung Gi did action scenes in the past but he was more or less wearing the facade of a weakling. The military training that Seung Gi passed through toughened him inside-out making him a near force to reckon with. I didn't want to take him seriously (at first) during Brilliant Legacy but his performance wowed me. I might give the comedy My Girlfriend is a Gumiho a shot and I heard he's funny there. Many times, I didn't want to take Seung Gi seriously such as his role in Brilliant Legacy even when he was initially a pompous jerk. Time passed and the guy developed. His role in Gu Family Book showed he isn't someone you can mess with even when he still had his weak-looking appearance. But now, he doesn't seem to have that facade anymore. 

The first time I saw Suzy was just me talking about how hot she is and not her performance. I admit that I watched her earlier dramas for her pretty face and not for the plot. She's not just a pretty face -- she's a beautiful rose with super-deadly thorns. Suzy was going to show she wasn't just going to be eye candy either when she accepted the offer. I can imagine her getting dirty as she shows off that she's got really deadly thorns. She may be hot but I can imagine her crumpling perverts into submission with her martial arts. I think she may even beat Igeta Hiroe from Kamen Rider Zero-One or Kazusa Okuyama from Lupinranger vs. Patranger IMHO. Vagabond is obviously not meant to be a show for children! 

They also had REAL gun training. I'd be too scared to face them off in a real shootout. Anybody calling K-Pop guys as faggots really hasn't heard of South Korea's mandatory military training for able-bodied guys. Seung Gi has passed through his military training making him tougher than he used to be. Suzy also shows off her shooting skills aside from her archery hobby. I just can't wait to see their gun training all implemented with their martial arts next week!

Comments