Throwback: Do You Remember The Song "Flower's Scent" By Ambrose Xu?

Lavender is probably one of those great oldies during the 2000s that I can't get over. Sure, it's already almost 2020 but if something's that good -- the chances are it'd still be a hit even to a new generation. Here's the English translation of the lyrics of the classic hit song:

The wind blows from somewhere
Rain, too, became sad together (with wind and me)
No one wanted to talk to me
The love had left silently. Some time

The wind is coming, scattering the blooming flowers
Rain dropped tears to the sea
I could understand now...barely
You chose to have the dream of lavender color and to wait.

The fragrance of the flower where the memory continues to drift
We promised each other that we wouldn't forget about you
You are the light, which keeps dark night.
Pretending to be strong is rather sad
The days continues to wait for a miracle, you were braver than me

The fragrance of the flower where the memory continues to drift
I shouldn't forget that we'll spend the days together, forever
Your sweetness is sunlight.
My future, it is filled (with your memory)
The usual fragrance of the flower reminds me about my love

The fragrance of the flower, which is blown by the wind, seems to be your love.

I just sang that song without really understanding the words. After understanding it -- I jsut feel like it really shows the sad memories of the series. A frustrated childhood wish -- Leo plans to marry Yishin, they do get married but the relationship is just freaking so short. Like why must life be so cruel and unfair, right? But that's life!

Comments