Kamen Rider Zero-One And Vagabond For An Action-Packed September 2019

I really don't like engaging in the whole division of J-Pop vs. K-Pop because it's almost like Star Wars vs. Star Trek -- you are free to pick one over the other or like both in varying degrees. A new ramble I have now may reveal my possible, tentative schedule. It's because I think my preferences may shift for the umpteenth time. I don't like new school Super Sentai that much in contrast to new school Kamen Rider. Also, I've been into K-Drama every now and then thanks to the power of the digital age -- I don't have to stay up late to watch those awfully dubbed K-Dramas on ABS-CBN and GMA-7. Now, two series are coming in early and late September 2019 namely Kamen Rider Zero-One and Vagabond.

Kamen Rider Zero-One

So, what's with new school Kamen Rider and why do I tend to prefer it over the new school Super Sentai entries even when I can still watch both? It's quite the reverse, actually. I tend to think that the Showa-era Kamen Rider series aren't as good due to the hiatuses in-between series. The Heisei era Kamen Rider ends up becoming more "mature" in the sense that plots aren't too focused on idiotic villain plots or more dramatic storylines than contemporary Super Sentai. Sure, newer Super Sentai can still be fun in its own way -- the franchise might need a break any time soon due to the huge possibility of brand fatigue. Kamen Rider right now has been focused on dramatic storylines which may explain why I don't feel much of a generation gap with the changes in regards to new school Kamen Rider.

Zero-One may feel like a mix of Ironman and Megaman X. It reminds me of Ironman because the hero is a big-time rich guy and he's the main hero. There's Stark Enterprises in Ironman and there's Hiden Intelligence (which is most likely a pun on Hidden Intelligence) for Zero-One. The plot does seem interesting as they must try to prevent berserk Human Gears from causing trouble. Then you've got a terrorist organization. AIM? Shield! Metsubo Jinrai.net? Hydra! Well, that's just pretty much a nostalgic factor -- way before I dumped Marvel and Fox due to their mismanagement and getting rid of really good plots for sh*tty ones.

Vagabond

I was disappointed with the delay and hopefully NO MORE DELAYS because it's freaking annoying. Yes, the series has wrapped up so I wonder how will Netflix air it since the wrapping up finished way before it aired? Will they still do it weekly or daily? I was really looking forward to it though I've got stupid reasons to do so -- it's because of Hiroyo Hakase errr Suzy Bae.

Lee Seung Gi (post-military) is returning to show how much of a man he has become. Before the military, he was the skinny but badass guy with stunts. Now, he's a buff man with stunts! His role as an action star aspirant meeting with a female detective can be something. I can't forget how badass the trailer was. The series is bound to be on Netflix -- I may have to rely on other means to get screenshots for my planned reviews!

How both shows may affect other stuff

I admit that both Kamen Rider and K-Drama are currently on top of Super Sentai for me. I even wonder if I may consider taking a short break from Ryusoulger from September to November to focus on these shows. I can catch up on it later. Right now, these are but tentative plans because I'm a person with so many interests at once!

Comments