Kamen Rider Den-O And The Dawn Of Grand Zi-O

Kamen Rider Zi-O reaches the finality of the Heisei era -- except where he gathered the powers of Kamen Rider Drive and Kamen Rider Kuuga in the Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER movie (which I still need to watch) and the Over Quartzer summer movie which will be on July 16, 2019. So how's the arc? Well, sorry for the delayed review because I was watching Jiban and Denziman. Anyway, let's get started, shall we?

Maybe, I can be biased but I think Zi-O's Den-O tribute is better than what happened in Kamen Rider Decade -- though I have to admit that like ToQGer and Season 2 of Kamen Rider Amazons that the said episode was written by Yasuko Kobayashi. If anything, I think Nobuhiro Mouri is the saving grace of Zi-O in one way or another while Kento Shimoyama is pretty much either he hits or he misses -- though I admit the Decade arc was still interesting.

The side story is pretty much soap operatic. It's the typical "I can't let my family know that my disease is incurable." scenario. Okay, there are some tears and I admit I wanted to cry like a baby with the dying female love interest scene. The sad plot of a deceased sister and a misunderstanding can drive anyone into tears. The guest character Takuya (who becomes Another Den-O) blames Yukihito for the death of his sister, Sayuri. However, Sayuri was hiding the fact that her disease was incurable and she requested her boyfriend Yukihito to take her out for one last time -- rather than to die inside the hospital.

The plan is to acquire that ultimate power. Sougo plans to confront his would-be future self Demon King Zi-O and prevent himself from becoming that. Next week will involve a timeline that would start to shift. It looks like the series isn't going to end yet, right? 

Comments