Skip to main content

Dream High's Japanese Episodes

It's no secret that I would usually ignore K-Pop and go for J-Pop most of the time. There's something about the Korean language that I find "unusual" even if I'd rather watch the Korean shows in their original dialect. I still find the Japanese to be a more pleasing language though I really don't like Japanese cuisine as much as Korean cuisine. Give me kimbap over sushi any day. Then I thought about the time Dream High spent filming in Japan. I even wonder did she run into the Akibarangers? I even imagine the Akibarangers dancing with Suzy Bae in this drama. 

What was interesting was to see the cast sing the song in Japanese. Yup, I admit I prefer Suzy's rather more mature voice than Maaya Uchida's voice that sounds like an Anime character. Maaya ends up sounding up she's never biologically grown beyond her teen years. Suzy has a more mature, adjustable image which may explain why she ends up playing serious roles. I still can't get over Maaya's rather laughable crying scene in Akibaranger's final episode -- that scene just can't be taken seriously. Suzy's crying scenes are a little more convincing and don't make me laugh.


The Japan episodes are kind of funny and showcase just how tough-as-nails the cast can be. I wonder when did Suzy get her black belt? Maybe not in 2011 but she did show some amazing stunts such as running away from the mafia in the wedding. I also liked the whole street dancing scene where the K-Pop dancers show just how good they are. Hmmm, I appreciate their dance skills even if I usually find myself not really caring about K-Pop. I don't mind if it's played but I usually don't listen to it when I'm given the choice. Yet, since it's there so I simply tolerate it. It was also fun to see them sing the song "Dream High" in Japan.

The one thing that goes is the blooming love triangle between Hye Ri, Sam Dong, and Jin Suk. Jin Suk gives an explanation of what he really did and why he did it -- that was to join the actual showcase. Then it's discovered that Sam Dong has some rare disease. Just how will he cope with it? I can't wait to find out!

Comments