Gordon Ramsay May Not Be Pleased With the World Of Kabuto

I remembered watching Kamen Rider Kabuto AFTER seeing Kamen Rider Decade. What's my reaction? I thought about how Kabuto is said to be Shoji "Patrick Star" Yonemura's one-shot wonder. I saw the whole Kabuto series and found it passable and sadly Yonemura is in the levels of Bruce Kalish and Jonathan Tzachor! But the Kabuto arc wasn't written by Patrick but by Kenji Konuta who isn't a major writer. Maybe I need to cut some slack but I still think Gordon Ramsay would probably still be a mad chef if he saw it and had translations to go along with it!

I know I've read through Shogo B'Stard calling Souji Tendou an unlikable prick. There are some of my favorite shows full of them. A lot of Timeranger's characters tend to be jerks like Tatsuya or Yuuri. Kamen Rider Agito has Hojo Toru. Kabuto itself does have some kind of Hollywood feel with the Worms as a possible reference to the Harvesters in Independence Day. The series itself had some decent action. I just wonder what went wrong with Patrick AFTER Kabuto. Then again, there are some people I know who still dislike Kabuto. Take note that Patrick himself was also the guy behind the Super Hero Taisen series. Thankfully, Shinichiro Shirakura did the right thing by PULLING THE PLUG OFF!

Remember the build-up that the original Kabuto had especially with regards to Worms and humans? I remembered how the final antagonist Masato Mishima was eviler than any Worm or human in said show. The show also had Souji Tendo take care of a worm who resembled his late sister. All that plot development got crammed into two episodes. Just imagine making a delicious dish that requires a lot of processes to make it taste good but it's rushed. It's just like a rushed meat stew. Sometimes, the best meat stew requires longer to cook. But the two episodes not only give a really cheap knock-off of Souji Tendo (who's only known as Souji) but also of Hiroyi a Worm who chose not to attack humanity. It's a rushed meat stew if you ask me!

Meanwhile, just be ready for me to write my personal review of the Kabuto arc of Kamen Rider Zi-O. 

Comments