Decade's REALLY Blunt Blade And The Problem With Kamen Rider Di-End


It's no secret that I'm a fan of Kamen Rider Blade and I thought, "WTF happened at the World of Blade?" It's like replacing a really good sharp knife with a blunt knife that will never cut anything. Remember when Kamen Rider Blade had the BOARD which meant Board of Archaeological Research Department? Well, A.R. World of Blade has BOARD which has the Kamen Riders as employed to defeat the Undead. The original corporation was planning to unleash the Undead into the whole world. Decade's version was planning to combat the Undead.

I guess my biases hit on the fact that the Alternate Reality Riders are quite not even half the men as their actual counterparts. Not that the characters in Blade are perfect. But I thought Sho Aikawa did a good job with Blade and Boukenger IMHO. But the Blade Arc in Decade is written by none other than Shoji "Patrick Star" Yonemura. Yup, it seems almost everything written by "Patrick Star" gets tainted and lacks to have any stand on its own.

I'm not saying the concept of Alternate Reality Rider worlds is bad. I'm just upset at the execution of it. I really just think that Kendate (A.R. Blade) is just too cocky. I really like the Kenzaki (the original Blade) better. Remember when he sacrificed himself just so the world could be saved at the end of it? It's a bittersweet ending but better written. So really, why the very blunt blade huh Patrick Star?


We also have to acknowledge the appearance of perhaps my MOST. HATED. CHARCTER. in Kamen Rider Decade namely Daiki Kaito or Kamen Rider Diend. I want to call him Kamen Rider DIED because I wish he'd just FREAKING DIE off already! The fact that he freaking still appeared in Zi-O makes me wonder what's the deal with this guy anyway? He's almost just always there to annoy without a plot. Hmmm, I wonder who's been more annoying between him and Hojo in Agito. Hojo seems to have a little more antagonistic side to add realism. Di-End or Died. TBH I think the addition of Joe of the Wind in Black RX is way more welcome than Daiki.

I even want to call Daiki as an evil version of Herbie from Saban's Mashed Rider. It's a good thing that Decade doesn't have its own version of Patsy Carbunkle. Can you imagine if Natsumi herself had to deal with a bratty time traveler who sides with Daiki? It could have made Decade worse if that happened if the show had a character named Patsy Chikamoto who would always berate the Decade crew and would hire Daiki to participate in such stupid schemes. Megumi in Kamen Rider Ryuki was already a bad addition -- something that Toshiki Inoue probably didn't want to write at all but them executives forced him to write her in presumably due to a wave of parental complaints!


If anything, I'd say that Kamen Rider Zi-O gave a much better tribute. But what's interesting is that Daiki first appeared in the Blade arc of Decade then he also re-appeared in the Blade arc of Zi-O.

Comments