Kamen Rider Zi-O's Tribute To Kikaider?

I just want to address this fact -- is it me or is Kamen Rider Zi-O not going at the right direction with adding extra Kamen Riders that will just be forever guest stars?! We've had Kamen Rider Shinobi, Kamen Rider Quiz and now we've got Kamen Rider Kikai. I haven't really seen much old school Tokusatsu except those that particularly interest me (like most old school Super Sentai) but Kamen Rider or the late Shotaro Ishinomori's old school stuff don't interest me too much. Maybe if I were still a child -- I'd probably still watch them but not now. Now, it's time to give tribute to an android Kamen Rider known as Kamen Rider Kikai.

Let's think about the hsitory of Kikaider in both old school a new school. Ishinomori himself also came up with other heroes such as Kikaider -- his first android superhero which probably had a lot of inspiration from some older Western media or what. Isaac Asimov? Well, this half blue and half red symmetrical division would remind me of an old school show known as Metalder and both had human disguises which they shed when fighting evil enemies. I haven't seen enough Kikaider and I doubt it I'd actually watch it considering that it's the 70s. I personally don't even have much of an interest with most old school Kamen Rider now -- I don't know if I should bother checking Kikaider out. I know he appeared in one of my favorite new school Kamen Rider series named Kamen Rider Gaim (to promote the Kikaider  reboot film) but I always wonder if it's still worth it checking some old school Tokusatsu and see how much of it I can actually watch?

Anyway back on track -- things are starting to REALLY feel like my speculation about Sougo cheating on his test to become Demon King Zi-O is real. I could be very wrong about that, ridicule it all you want but I want to stick to that speculation until Toei proves me wrong! I just find the whole dream/reality scenario to be that confusing. How is that dream that happens in 2121 related to the current events? Also, we have Another Kikai which doesn't have a human host -- that is until Schwartz (the cruelest of the Time Jackers) used that bug-like creature on Hour himself. Hmmm and Aura doesn't even seem to disturbed and she can fake cry so well!

It's amazing how Sougo ended up getting an 82% on his last exam BECAUSE he suddenly saw most of the answers. Before that, he's practically crammed into his room with so little sleep. I also like how Geiz seems hesitant to accept the fact that he may have to destroy Sougo one day. White Woz does after all predict the Dawn of Zi-O is almost near. This still has me speculating something that Sougo would do the same mistake Danny Phantom did in the TV movie "The Ultimate Enemy" -- steal the answer key, study it and then the events would lead to the Day of Kamen Rider Zi-O!

Just a sidenote -- I decided to SLOW DOWN with writing these reviews. I'd probably just take it at my own pace especially with real life issues. Anyway, feel free to criticize these entries or any review-related entries on how I can improve, okay?

Comments