I've Just Started Getting Into Ashes Of Love's Love Triangle Between Brothers

Love triangles are cliche but not necessarily boring. So what's the big deal with the love triangle in Ashes of Love? I'd like to call it Secretary Kim's love triangle taken to a whole new level since Deng Lun is practically Park Seo Jun with superpowers here! But this is royalty, it's the court of the immortals (and may the Elder Gods step in if this trouble) and the Six Realms could destroy each other over two paternal half-brothers.

The Heavenly Emperor (no not the Jade Emperor since he rules all 36 Heavens) thought Jin Mi is his daughter by the Flower Goddess. But it turns out that Jin Mi is Yang Zi's daughter by the Water Immortal. Phew! But it does create a new tension since Xu Feng was relieved to hear Jin Mi isn't his paternal half-sister but sad to know his older paternal half-brother Run Yu has been decreed 1,000 years ago (but two years for them) to Jin Mi. How is that dilemma going to be solved? Also, Xu Feng is engaged to Sui He but he's still in love with Jin Mi!

This has me thinking about how watching this 60+ long series (which I heard is a hit) would soon affect my watching of Kamen Rider Zi-O. Yes, I even feel like I might watch this last year's hit first over Zi-O! I'm somehow a sucker of dilemmas involving brothers or best friends over a woman and how it'd be resolved. Secretary Kim didn't really dig too much drama but this one would. I would probably get stuck in this one and maybe I'd watch more Wuxia drama after this!

Comments