Skip to main content

I'm Now Watching Ashes Of Love

It's time to face it that I haven't been too updated with Chinese entertainment these days. Right now, I thought I might give some of last year's Chinese drama (2018) for something else after I got too obsessed with Korean drama and Japanese Tokusatsu. Now it's time to get back to my "roots" to watch something new school for Chinese drama -- something that may come in between my way of watching the Super Sentai Strongest Battle mini-series (I may make a huge summary instead of a weekly review of the four-part mini series) and Ryuusoulger aside from my plan to watch Vagabond starring Lee Seung Gi and Suzy Bae.

The plot of Ashes of Love is based on a novel called Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost. The plot goes when the legitimate son of the Heaven Realm Emperor named Xu Feng (but NOT the Jade Emperor who rules all 36 Heavens in Chinese mythology) and the Heaven Realm Empress (whose mannerisms would remind me of Meg Foster's portrayal of Hera) gets entangled with Jin Mi who is the daughter of the Flower Goddess and Water God. Jin Mi is given a pill that will not make her feel love ever since her mother died from childbirth -- knowing that said character will suffer from love for the first 10,000 years of the immortal life. Wait, is it me or is mythology somewhat inconsistent about the immortality of the gods? Remember when Balder died in Norse Mythology?

Actor Deng Lun (who plays the leading guy Xu Feng) strangely looks like Korean actor Park Seo Joon and actress Yang Zi somewhat reminds me of someone from AKB48 or am I just dreaming? The whole story between the two involves a love triangle between half-brothers. Run Yu was born the son of the Heaven Emperor and some concubine -- which was probably because Heaven Empress didn't have an easy time getting pregnant. Run Yu also has feelings for Yang Zi which creates a love triangle between the paternal half-brothers.

Right now, I'm watching it on Netflix. I just hope neither ABiaS-CBN nor GMA-7 decide to bastard dub it considering the poor quality of their dubs!

Comments