Zi-O's Case Of A Ghost And A Destroyer Of Worlds Merged Into One Arc


Well it's time for that every two weeks update on Kamen Rider Zi-O. Personally, I'm having mixed reactions right now with Nobohiro Mouri. I enjoyed Kyuranger (a lot) but this one left me going "?!" more often than not -- as if Yasuko Kobayashi's use of time travel can create such convoluted stories such as Kamen Rider Den-O or Timeranger. This arc actually manages to outdo the Kamen Rider Fourze arc. While Sota Fukushi couldn't show up due to Bleach -- but we've got Masahiro Inoue, Shun Nishime and Ryosuke Yamamoto showing up.

So how is this a convoluted case? Well, the Time Jackers are still desperately looking for another king in the place of Zi-O. It has me wondering why are they desperate to do that/ Were they once bidding for world supremacy only for Demon King Zi-O to finally own them? This also creates a whole set of dilemmas especially when one of the Another Riders could die if the process were reversed. At the same time, it also has Sougo dying and resurrecting like Takeru/Ghost hence the events that had happened.


Here's a bit of drum roll going on with the Destroyer of Worlds or who I'd call responsible for the Decade Meltdown. If you think about it -- Decade happened as the tenth rider and ten more seasons later -- we'd get Zi-O! So the arrival of Tsukasa Kadoya makes me wonder what in the world is he up to again? He's just a passing by Kamen Rider and I'm just a passing by Kamen Rider fan in one way or another. But here's a bit -- as much as I still find myself not really putting a high opinion on Decade but I still think Kadoya has been more badass. It's easier to believe Kadoya is a destroyer of worlds than Zi-O. So why did he even give the Decade power to Zi-O later on? He also used the powers of Ghost better than Takeru. Hmmmm speaking of which didn't he meet another Takeru way back in 2009 with the Shinkenger crossover?

I was thinking of the rather convoluted case of trying to change history and its dangers. I can't even determine who's really more responsible for destroying the fabric of time in Tokudom. Has Zi-O even exceeded the time distortions done in Timeranger and Den-O? They couldn't beat Another Ghost because of the dilemma that he could die. Yet by altering history in such a way -- they prevent said predicament. It really gave me such a headache considering what I'd call a lesser quality review I've just written right now!

Next week -- the future Zi-O or Demon King Zi-O will make an appearance. What's just so funny (or perhaps coincidental) is that we have Kamen Rider Ghost (who can be a source of Danny Phantom jokes) and Danny Phantom also had a possible future of the protagonist becoming the most evil dictator of the world. Next week might actually reveal the possibility to why Zi-O became that dictator. Also, what role will Tsukasa play next?

Comments

  1. convulted...I guess I could agree with you on that.
    In my opinion maybe the producers should use the dual tribute arcs as a last resort should either or both actors of a series is/are unavailable, such as the case of the 555 x Fourze arc.
    I think that the Ghost tribute arc should stay as Ghost, as I feel that Decade can stand out on its own.
    I feel that it's a wise decision to focus the next arc on Oma-Zi-O as we are now down to 11 past riders left, with Zi-O now at 1/4 ahead (as next week the Movie War 2018 will be airing, with kaijin versions of Kuuga, W and Den-O appearing, so it's a nice change of pace for now.
    January 2019 will be crucial as Wiz will have a more prominent role aside from doing a live narration and announcing a new form and stuff.
    Hope 2019 will pick up steam and for Mouri-san to improve his writing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment