It's Not Akibaranger Season Three, It's Vagabond


Well I just love throwing my Suzy Bae/Akibaranger jokes because there are many times I tend to forget that she's not Maaya Uchida or the fact the two look VERY MUCH ALIKE face-wise. Difference is one's taller and the other isn't. Now it's time to throw in my favorite cliche that we won't be getting Akibaranger Season 3 at all! Instead, we're having the Korean series Vagabond instead where she's reunited with her co-star Lee Seung Gi.

Okay, I'm still yet to familiarize myself with Korean drama behind the scenes such as directors and writers. From what I heard it's head writer Jang Young Chul is actually an award-winning writer who has won best writer awards for KBS Drama Awards, 20th Korea PD Awards, 2011 38th Broadcasting Awards, and 2013 MBC Drama Awards. Hmmm I'm yet to see his other works before this one and this would probably be the first one I'd actually see for now.

So the plot of Vagabond involves the main character as an action star wannabe Cha Dal Gun (Lee Seung Gi) and a National Intelligence Service Agent Go Hae Ri (Suzy Bae) getting into one huge mess. Dal Gun gets involved in a grand conspiracy while trying to expose some corruption schemes. I can't wait to see what amazing footwork that both Seung Gi and Suzy would do. But right now, I'm imagining Solbrain's Jun Masuda (acted by Hidenori Iura who looks like Seung Gi) getting into a bizarre relationship with Hiroyo Hakase in an attempt to expose some anomalies inside the Japanese parliament.

My tentative plans are this. I would try to focus on Vagabond and not watch Ryuusouger immediately. I will watch Ryuusouger but not at a weekly pace so I won't do any episode reviews like I used to. Instead, I may choose to focus on Vagabond and whatever remains of Kamen Rider Zi-O. I may watch Ryuusouger after Vagabond is finished. But that's just tentative especially with real-life issues are now kicking around the corner... AGAIN!

Comments