Switch On 2011 And Kamen Rider Faiz

Well I don't know how often I'd be doing a Kamen Rider Zi-O weekly episode review (though expect them to be around Wednesday or Thursday depending on when Over-Time releases the subs) and do expect that maybe after next week -- I'd probably give updates once every two weeks or whenever I feel like it like I did with previous Kamen Rider posts. Now it's time for me to write what's a two-in-one tribute episode where two riders contrast each other namely the extremely dark Kamen Rider Faiz and the super-lighthearted Kamen Rider Fourze.

Okay, I'm thinking about the slipping down here. I remembered when Kamen Rider Fourze aired around September 4, 2011 and ended on August 26, 2012. There are many girls who are missing having the zodiac sign called Libra. What's going on? Our heroes Sougo, Geiz and Tsukuyomi now enter as "students" of what could be Amanogawa High School in 2018. For one, I want to criticize how Geiz and Tsukuyomi do a poor job blending in. So why does Geiz still wear that collar and Tsukuyomi her cape even when they are in uniform? Worse, is it me or are people in superhero shows usually that stupid not to notice anything weird? Well, that's logic for you!


What's interesting is the introduction of the new Time Jacker known as Schwartz who's the tallest of the three and perhaps the de-facto leader. We've got Hora (so I misspelled it as Aura earlier, damn) and Uhr (which means clock in German). I'm just thinking of them as the trio similar to the Gorgom High Priests -- they are also anticipating the rise of another king to rule over them. But they can't accept that one say Sougo would be the ruler and they are looking for another suitable candidate. Also, I can't stop thinking of Kamen Rider Black because actor Kentarou Kanesaki (who's a longtime J-Drama regular like last year's Keisuke Minami) looks like he could pass as Tetsuo Kurata's younger brother. Hmmm... also Kamen Rider Build also had "Toshiki Inoue" involved as Prime Minister Mido too! Hmmm I'd want to see Kanesaki play as Black and Black RX too aside from his villainous role!

What disappoints me is that where in the world is Sota Fukushi? We go back to 2011 and we only get what could be just a stunt double. No face of Gentaro Kisaragi being shown! If you've seen Kamen Rider Black RX then maybe you remember the scene where Shadow Moon turned back to human form. However, the actor playing Nobuhiko wasn't around so the face of the stunt double wasn't shown -- it was obviously not the same person! Was that what happened when we saw Schwartz turn the latest by-stander into an Another Rider? Perhaps. Knowing Fukushi is an extremely busy man then it's somewhat understandable. The guy's acting career got rocket launched by Kamen Rider Fourze.

Speaking of this altering flow of time -- I'm just tempted that aside from my weird imagination that Michael Bay directing the 34th episode -- Butch Hartman (who's obviously not working for Toei) is once again in my mind! How so? I couldn't stop thinking of Kamen Rider Fourze as a "true sequel" to Jimmy Neutron. I even wanted to imagine Sheen becoming Kamen Rider Fourze. I even want to view it as an attempt to make sure Planet Sheen was never aired!

What should be interesting is that we see both Takumi Inui and Masato Kusaka way back from 2003 return 15 years later. So, why in the world is Kusaka once again ALIVE? Didn't we see Yuji kill Kusaka by breaking the bastard's neck? Right now, I'd like to imagine how Kusaka is probably alive due to some altered time stream. Speaking of which -- Kusaka always reminds me of how Captain Ryuya was manipulating both the heroes and the villains for his convenience. I still can't decide on who's actually worse between Kusaka and Ryuuya in being manipulative. I'd say Kusaka had more development than Captain Ryuya ever did. Also, we see how Kusaka is still so cold and evil as he even attempts to shoot a SCHOOL GIRL for some reason. I just love how Kohei Murakami could go from the good Zyuman in Zyuohger and then he reprises his sinister role way back in 2003! He's still got that charm going on!

What's also amazing is that Another Fourze becomes Another Faiz. It's a nightmarish moulting! Prophet Woz gives to Kamen Rider Zi-O the watch but what happens? It turns out that beating Another Fourze only revealed another power within. So what's really going on? I'd like to find out next week on how this will conclude. Also, I won't be crossing my fingers to see Fukushi resume his role because he's now a big time actor! 

Comments