It's A "Fourze X Faiz" Team-Up

Spoilers -- well too bad that Sota Fukushi DID NOT appear which is presumably due to his busy schedule. After all, he's a big time star now and he's got lots of projects. I do have a feeling that Toei and Bandai are actually trying to speed up merchandise sale. I mean, the past weeks since the premiere had some new toys advertised such as EX-AID, Build and Fourze. Now, it's time to give Kamen Rider Geiz a power-up in Fourze since the arc covers two series.

I always think of how idiotic Takumi can really get and perhaps that's one reason I didn't immediately warm up to Kamen Rider Faiz when I first saw it. Why is he still considering the overly manipulative Kusaka his "friend"? I remembered watching Kamen Rider Faiz -- Kusaka was a villain with some noble intentions yet he always does them the wrong way. It always reminds of the finale arc of Mirai Sentai Timeranger where Captain Ryuuya was only trying to survive through whatever outcome will make sure their era the 31st century doesn't disappear. Kusaka went as far as to murder a teenage girl to prevent the villains from capturing girls with a Libra sign. Ugh -- Kusaka is indeed very manipulative yet I can't deny he himself still had some noble goals yet he does it the wrong way. Right now, his trying to manipulate through time does remind me of Captain Ryuuya's later actions in Timeranger.

One of the methods used by the Time Jackers is guilt inducement towards creating Another Riders. It turns out that one of the students there thanks to the altered flow of time should have died but is now alive. Hora herself had manipulated a student named Ryuichi Sakuma who was feeling guilty over Karin Yamabuki's premature death into becoming Kamen Rider Faiz in one era and well the other era has Schwatz turning said student into Kamen Rider Fourze. Is writer Kento Shimoyama making fun of us with the very similar sounding names? Sounds like it. What's interesting to know is that Koichi Sakamoto is the director of this episode. Somehow, I still can't get over him directing that otherwise really idiotic film that must never be named!

Sougo ends up giving the Faiz power to Geiz. I guess Toei and Bandai figured out that they may need to also sell Geiz toys too, right? Geiz hesitantly accepts the powers of Faiz and is taked to go back 15 years ago. Yup, Kamen Rider Faiz is already 15 years old and today is a major anniversary year for said series. Both heroes end up finally defeating the Fourze/Faiz gesalt of two Another Riders. This also results to Ryuichi seeing Karin finally disappear right in front of him. Karin tells Ryuichi to move on. Yet, I wonder why am I not seeing Kusaka getting some comeuppance? Come on, Kusaka just freaking murdered a teenager? A TEENAGER!!!!

Meanwhile, the series ends with Sougo forgetting to give the two watches back to their respective owners. I guess this is a nod to Toei being unable to secure Fukushi presumably due to his extremely busy schedule. Next week should be Kamen Rider Wizard's tribute -- which doesn't get me too excited considering I wasn't really that into the series. Meanwhile, do expect that I may end up doing my Wizard post after the second half or I may only start posting again when I feel like it. So don't expect a weekly Zi-O post after this post!

Comments

  1. While the episode plot is quite fine there are few plot holes there, such as why is kusaka still alive after being strangled by Yuji kiba/horse orphenoch, and why after someone who is not an orphenoch (which he usually does in 555).
    moreover, he remained untransformed throughout episode 6, not showing hints whether he is aware or what happened to the kaixa gear. I was hoping to see kaixa in action at least one scene.
    Kento-san (the writer) also made a story blunder by failing to address what happened to Mari sonada. the scene (from 555 episode 2) shows Faiz going for the rider kick but loses his powers midway and after that it went to the year 2017.
    While the rest of the episode is passable, I felt that there was no closure for that particular arc, as Fukushima and Yoshizawa (Gentaro and Ryo), along with the original KR club members remain absent.
    Next up is the wizard arc, which I doubt would be good given that Kosuke into will be the only character to return.
    As a suggestion, you can post your episode reviews every part 2 of certain arcs (ex. Part 2 of wizard arc, part 2 of Gaim arc, part 2 of kabuto arc, etc). that way you don't have rush yourself since there are tribute arcs that are less memorable (such as hibiki, decade, ghost).
    Also, don't expect the main actors to pop up as it is clear (to me at least) that they may not show up (prime examples being gentaro and haruto), so it is likely that the actors of kabuto, Den-o, kiva up to Double won't return to reprise their roles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by! Well I guess I take things easy by actually updating on Zi-O once every two weeks. That way, I can pursue other stuff too.

      Delete

Post a Comment