Skip to main content

I Think Qing Fei De Yi Is The Best Hana Yori Dango Opening Theme Song Ever

I remembered watching Meteor Garden in what some may call as the "Chinese Afternoon Theater" in ABS-CBN -- where Chinese shows were dubbed into Tagalog. I did some research on Meteor Garden and found out it was actually based on the Japanese Manga/Anime known as Hana Yori Dango which literally means "Boys Over Flowers". 

I decided to watch the Japanese version where some of the Anime characters really showed that Director Angie Chai didn't make a mistake in choosing most of the cast members for the Taiwanese adaptation from the Japanese Anime. While I normally think Japanese produce better music than the Chinese -- this is where I make some exceptions to the rule. My favorite example is how I still think "Qing Fei De Yi" which means "Can't Help Falling For You" (loose translation) is better than Stepping Out in the Japanese Anime or even in the Japanese live version or Korean live version.

Here's the English translation of Qing Fei De Yi which was sang by Taiwanese singer Harlem Yu which I found in some old songbook a decade ago: 

It's hard to forget The first time I met you
Those mesmerizing pair of eyes
In my mind
The thoughts of you
Cannot be erased
When I hold your hand and feel your warmth
It's really too much for me to handle
Your innocence
I would like to treasure When I see you suffering
I will feel sad Oh...

Just afraid I will fall in love with you
Dare not let myself be too close to you
Afraid I've got nothing to offer you
To love you may require a lot of courage too

Just afraid I will fall in love with you
Maybe one day I wouldn't be able to control myself
from falling in love with you
Thinking of you only hurts myself
I just can't help falling in love with you

What's the reason Ya...
That I meet you again
I really really don't wish to

Fall into the love trap like this Oh...

Comments