I've Just Finished Watching W Two Worlds

Well I'm finally done with watching W: Two Worlds and I admit that it's somewhat vague to what really happened in the end. So what's the big deal anyway? The collision between the "real world" and the "World of W" or the two universes, the heroine falling for a man from a completely different world -- is it a cliche in fiction already? So what did I think with how the show ended?

I found the whole idea of killing Congressman Han via the author's whim to be quite poetic. The killer (who was almost eerily like Evolt in Kamen Rider Build prior to getting his identity established to who he is) made the writer Seong Mo do a lot of stuff that was damaging the World of W. Now, it's time to really give some real poetic justice -- Congressman Han gets some tape in his mouth (unexpectedly) and shoots himself. IMHO though, I wish he fell off from a skyscraper in an epic battle with Kang Chul but I think this is good in its own way. I admit, this is one brutal scene. This comes with a cost as the writer finally disappears forever like a Dopant who's got too much dope in Kamen Rider W (pun intended) or people who suddenly disappear in Kamen Rider Ryuki. WTF!

Will I ever see him again? The ending almost reminds me of how Miaka and Tamahome were reunited at the end of the Fushigi Yuugi series continuity -- prior to getting together in the Fushigi Yuugi OVA. Yeon Soo can be seen crying in the rain, still sad and she's later seen in a hospital. To her surprise, Kang Chul appears near her bedside. So what happened? Did the two worlds merge at the end? The ending is somewhat ambiguous to how they got together. IMHO, Kang Chul is now reincarnated as a human and no longer as cartoon character. Writer Song Jae Jung doesn't really explain doesn't make it clear either with what the ending really meant.

Comments