Yong Jun and Mi Soo's Awkward Day Off

Last episode left us with Kim Mi Soo learning that Morpheus is indeed the older brother of Lee Yong Jun. We also had a dangler whre Yong Jun's attempt to kiss Mi Soo goes really bad -- he recalls a terrible incident causing him to accidentally shove her. This results in a very awkward misunderstanding. I really laughed at that scene but behind it -- there's a dark story and dark memory that Yong Jun doesn't want to talk about. It's some kind of kidnapping incident way back in 1994 and now it's 2018.

One of the sweetest things ever done in this episode is Yong Jun blending in to the very simple life of Mi So. So he takes a day off too -- to be with the woman he loves. He tries to sway her away on an expensive date but ends up entering into her world. Yup, talk about royalties falling for commoners which results in a rather mixed world. They ride a very nice looking bus which I wouldn't mind commuting on it every day if I don't feel like driving. They take a bus and they go out to places where Mi So loves -- such as grilled Korean pork skin (and I'm missing it a lot these days but better watch out for my cholesterol).

I just admit, I was SO JEALOUS of them at the grilled pork restaurant since I'm a fan of Korean cuisine and it's hard to find a good one. It's here that Mi So starts to learn the secrets behind Yong Jun and his older brother Seong Yun from multiple parties. Mi So talks about her own tragic past where her father got scammed, everybody had to work super hard and they couldn't afford Korean beef that time. The grilled pork skin restaurant has some sentimental value. It's just like how I always feel a sentimental value over some things that I grew up with as a child even when it's the digital age. You can think of how you might actually be holding dear a video game console in the 90s or wishing to play back your old games in digital format for the sake of nostalgia. I love how Yong Jun starts getting to learn more about Mi Soo in this restaurant.

Later, they play near a whole U.F.O. toy catcher. I never caught not even one stuffed toy in my whole life and I've given up. Not for Yong Jun -- he actually tries to learn it and captures a stuffed animal for Mi So the following day. I like how he actually was mistaken to be a jobless guy -- though those children couldn't recognize him for a second. What I thought was funny was why would they mistake a guy in a suit to be a jobless guy? Yong Jun talks about how much some of their toys were from the company he's in. The children ask why wouldn't he just buy all the toys. Yong Jun ends up admitting that there's some satisfaction in doing things the hard way and he gets it. It was a nice scene where he actually taught an important lesson that sometimes -- you've got to do it the hard way to feel better later on.

It was pretty interesting to start understanding why Yong Jun has a weakness for cable tiers and why he has that horrible vision at the start of the episode. It's also revealed that he was so smart he skipped two levels and ended up becoming classmates with his older brother. There was also a kidnapping incident which may have had both brothers kidnapped. Also, Mi Soo herself was once locked up with a certain child but she can't recall him. It would be too predictable if it happened to be Yong Jun who was her childhood friend! But that's what I'm actually expecting right now!

Right now, I'll be waiting for next week. Anyeong!

Comments