W's Sudden Shift To A Romantic Story Is Too Good To Be True

I can't deny that I'm addicted to W even if you don't see me do an episode by episode short to medium sized review, right? The first five episodes focused on the thriller where Kang Chul starts as a comic book character in a suspense webtoon comic -- he loses his family to a faceless murderer. He nearly kills his creator out of insanity and I don't know why in the world would Oh Yeon Joo still want to save him after all that trauma? Crazy much? Yes, but that's what happened. Kang Chul who supposedly committed suicide later lives on.

The next thing to happen is that Kang Chul "marries" Yeon Joo - which is really something. How can you get married to a cartoon character? You can think of how I would actually want to marry a certain fictional character. It's just absurd as like me marrying Mako Shiraishi or Sakura Nishihori -- both of them are completely FICTIONAL characters. But it happens and I don't know if I should really suspend disbelief. This is coming from someone who actually felt happy that Miaka and Tamahome managed to get together one way or another!

But just when the shift is about to happen -- a supernatural, FACELESS killer happens and it's really that scary. Isn't it really scary if your attacker is invisible? I don't know which is scarier between Evolt when he was invisible or the Great Leader in the Showa era of Kamen Rider, horror movie's invisible villains or this invisible killer who wants to murder Kang Chul. As said, he was supposedly just a "motivator" but now he slowly takes form. WTF? Did Kamen Rider Build suddenly read this and subconsciously create Evolt?

Right now, I'm going to be trying to watch W with one episode a day to avoid it from dominating me. Sidenote, I'm still trying to stay updated with Secretary Kim where I may write one or two rants a week -- depending on how I feel!

Comments