I'm Now Watching "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim"

Okay, don't expect me to publish episode by episode reviews because well, I kinda want to focus on either my Lupinranger vs. Patranger reviews or I'm trying to figure out what kind of opinion post I'll do for this one (and in extension, Kamen Rider Build). But as far as I'm concerned, I would just update when I'm in the mood but I could give my first impressions towards this romantic comedy in two episodes. Yeah, I know it was last week but I just started watching it on Drama Bus and man, I can't wait for the next episodes today and tomorrow at tvN.

We have a Park-Park couple -- Park Seo-Joon plays as the narcissistic Lee Young-Joon and Park Min-Young plays as Kim Min-Soo the titular protagonist. Young-Joon is a narcissist since he's obviously nearly got it all -- money, good looks, height and whatsoever. All the while, he's stuck with the not-so-attractive Min-Soo who's 29 years old but it's stated that she worked with him for nine years. So was she just 20 and how old is he anyway? Sidenote, Seo Joon is actually two years younger than Min-Young in real life yet in here -- it seems he's probably a little older or maybe even a decade old considering the time she worked for him as his secretary.

The first two episodes were pretty funny in some way. Min-Soo wants to resign because she's 29, she wants to get married already. This also releases the closet denials of Young-Joon which he probably kept for nine years. I don't know how old he was when she started working with him as his secretary. But it's obvious he has feelings for her which he doesn't want to admit such as lavishly giving her gifts and getting jealous when a group of Spanish guys got attracted to her. At the end of the first episode, he volunteers to marry her which she doesn't take seriously at first.

This is quite a spin. So how can a narcissist who practically mistreated her too much suddenly want her? Isn't that expecting too much? He takes her out on a date but he pisses her off with his narcissism. Can he get rid of it and win her over? Hmmm... this might be a bit of Meteor Garden all over again with the awkward pairing of Dao Ming Si (Tsukasa Doumyoji) and Shan Tsai (Makino Tsukushi). I can't want to see more episodes.

Comments