Crossing The Two Multiverses In W Two Worlds

I was watching episodes 1-4 of W and I find the whole comic world book to be pretty thrilling. It's a crazy world how the whole world of W ends up from a Manhwa or Webtoon into becoming what some may call an "entirely different universe". Yes, it's an entirely different universe and the artist behind it wants to end it -- by finally killing Kang Chul who has managed to survive many attempts. How Kang Chul a Manhwa character gained a life on his own is totally boggling in one way or another.

As I mentioned earlier, the whole idea brings me back to Fushigi Yuugi. What would you do if you fell in love with a character who's just well -- a character in a book? It reminded me of Miaka's dilemma as she developed feelings for Tamahome. Oh Yeon Joo's adventures in the book start off as a misadventure -- she gets jailed, she disappears, she discovers time travels faster (or slower) in the Manhwa dimension, she gets involved with a man who's not supposed to exist. Yet one day, that man suddenly crosses dimensions.

The scene where Chul appears into the real world (by crossing through a BROKEN MONITOR) and discovers that he's the lead star of a hit Manhwa. He disrespectfully unwraps some copies and finds out that he's a character come to life is tragic. He can't take the whole reality. He meets with Yeon Joo then he ends up going after Yeon Joo's father Seong Moo. Seong Moo starts off as a failure and creates Chul as what he wanted to be yet one day, he decides to try and end Chul's life to end the W Universe. I feel Seong Moo feels that the W Universe may be a threat to their Universe. But every attempt he has in trying to kill Chul doesn't work -- Chul has such strong resolve that it's just frightening!

Right now, I may not want to do episode reviews but I'll just write whatever thoughts I have to keep this blog running. Meanwhile, I may prepare another entry related to What's Wrong With Secretary Kim after the Wednesday to Thursday broadcasts -- hopefully, I'll write a more comprehensive one!

Comments