Trying To Recover My Love For Chinese TV Series With Love O2O

I have to admit I have been VERY OUTDATED with new school Chinese entertainment. Maybe, it's because I tend to think these days that Korean and Japanese is superior to Chinese -- until I get an overdose of either which. I admit, I've been more caught into other new school stuff Super Sentai (after having a momentary taste fatigue), I tend to look forward to most new school Kamen Rider, some Korean TV series and now I think about rekindling the one thing I got obsessed with when I took a Toku break -- Chinese TV series and movies whether it's from China, Hong Kong or Taiwan (which I support over China).
Right now, I want to start with watching Love O2O which was shown last decade. Here's the plot and it's worth 30 episodes with 45 minutes each:

Bei Weiwei (Zheng Shuang) is the campus goddess, who also excels in her studies. She aspires to be an online game designer/engineer, and goes by the alias of Luwei Weiwei in the online role-playing game A Chinese Ghost Story. After she gets dumped by her online husband Zhenshui Wuxiang, she gets approached by the number one player Yixiao Naihe, who suggested that they get married so they both can participate in a couple competition within the game. The newly formed couple instantly hit it off, and undergo many adventures together in the game.

However, Wei Wei never expected the real identity of her virtual husband to be her college senior, Xiao Nai (Yang Yang) who is described as the cream of the crop in both sports and academics. When Wei Wei discovers his true identity, they have already fallen in love with each other. Together, they overcome numerous misunderstandings and obstacles standing in their way of their budding relationship.


I've just begun my first episode after some time. I was thinking of trying to do a Kyuranger marathon but I think I need to get some mix. I've had enough Japanese and Korean servings. I feel like I miss eating Dimsum food already. Well, that may come in the way of my writing Kamen Rider Build updates or maybe, I might even lessen my load by focusing only on Lupinranger vs. Patranger updates (where I love pretending to be a French guy for now) -- but don't expect me to write broken English, Chinese style reviews any time soon!

Comments