So Mr. Titan Survived Into The Heisei Era Of Kamen Rider?

Well, I guess this caught me off-guard and it's been some months since I watched Kamen Rider Stronger (and didn't find it that enjoyable except for the opening song). What I didn't notice was that actor Akira Hamada (who's currently turning 77 years old this year) is freaking Mr. Titan's human form from Kamen Rider Stronger. He plays the role of Juzaburo Nanba of Nanba Heavy Industries but I had no idea he was also part of the struggling Showa era Kamen Riders!

What does this mean to me? I don't feel much of a feeling for old school era Kamen Rider so the cast doesn't mean much to me either (maybe except for Hiroshi Miyauchi because of his involvement in Winspector, Solbrain and Ohranger as a mentor) but it's nice to have some old school actors give their support for new generations. Kamen Rider Stronger was pretty much mid 70s show but it was nice for Hamada to appear in new school Kamen Rider.

This also gives me a bit of of my crazy imagination that maybe, just maybe Mr. Titan survived after all, faked his death and later ran Nanba Heavy Industries as the replacement for the now obsolete Black Satan and Delza Army organizations. I know that's just impossible but I just want to imagine it no matter how much I just don't find myself liking most of the Showa era Kamen Riders. Also, it seems that either Kamen Rider Build takes place in the year 2027 than year 2017 and it's year 2028 there while it's only 2018 here -- or it's a self-contained continuity on its own since ten years ago would mean Kamen Rider Den-O. Yet, Den-O acts independently of this timeline and Kamen Rider Decade did present the Multiverse concept for Tokusatsu.

Hmmm maybe you didn't realize it also but Hamada himself appeared in episodes 13-14 of Kamen Rider OOO as the hospital director. No, the hospital director didn't turn evil and he's an entirely different person. But I guess this is a bit of nice throwback for a nice old guy who's still willing to play parts in new school Tokusatsu. But if I'm going to make a crazy story -- I'd say Mr. Titan was posing as a hospital director, wanted to gain whatever money he could to create organziation and years later, he became the founder of Nanba Industries which is just impossible. 

Comments

  1. Stronger came out in 75 the same year as Gorenger which is the mid not late 70's

    ReplyDelete
  2. build is a separate reality as confirmed in heisei generations final, known as "the world of build"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment