I'm Now Watching Descendants Of The Sun

Due to all the understandable delays in Toku fan subs and I feel like I'm getting an overdose with Japan for the nth time -- I decided that I would try and do some South Korean marathon for a change. It's time to watch the Korean series where both the protagonists got married in real life namely Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.  

The story focuses on Captain Yoo Si Jin a.k.a. Big Boss and Dr. Kang Mo Yeon who is a cardiothoracic surgeon who values competencies over connections. It's the love story of a soldier who meets a doctor. One kills to defend and the other fights to save lives. Yet the two are woven in a love story.

I could talk over and over how Mo Yeon isn't just eye candy. Her boss tries to sexually harass her and she makes her stand. She's not someone who backs out from her duty. She's no-nonsense. She's really got a lot of positive qualities though it's easy to like her for shallow and pitiful reasons.

I've just started with two episodes and so far so, so good. 


Comments