Can You Hold On To The Sword Fated To Kill The One You Love?

As said, I won't be doing weekly reviews or deconstruction of Korean series episodes -- but right now, I feel like updating this blog yet again. I thought of the whole nightmare fuel plot where the Dragon Priestess possesses Bu Ja's body and she would later attempt to take over Sun Mi's body. Too late to do more recaps -- and yes, they're NOT easy to do. So I thought about the latest plot which is getting to me.

Sure, we've saved Sun Mi from the Dragon Priestess but the fate of Sun Mi (since she's Sam Jang) is to really die by that sword -- in order to save the world from a demon. I dunno why is this cliche appearing too much? I remembered how Shi Yeon sacrificed herself at the end of Forbidden Love. At this point, I'm getting nervous at the whole "try to defy fate so we can be together" theme with this one. Will Oh Gong have to kill Sun Mi in this one?

This also brings back to the past with a doctor. It's revealed way back in the past that this female doctor also helped deliver Sun Mi from birth -- and she's destined to be the next Sam Jang. Her blood could do miracles but it also made her an ominous child at the same time. Her blood would attract demons. The female doctor uses the same sword to end her long, miserable existence -- and thankfully (for some) there's no blood spilled. The series had some bloody scenes which made this series not suitable for those below 15.

As the series goes, I wonder if we'll get the same predictable cliche where the star-crossed lovers have no other choice? Oh Gong is obviously a monkey demon and Sun Mi is a human. I even feel that the last four episodes may end up rather predictably -- with Sun Mi gettign killed and Oh Gong having to accept his fate. But what if I'm wrong? 

Comments