Skip to main content

My Thoughts On While You Were Sleeping Episodes 21-24

This episode really starts to teach me some basic understanding of criminal law and loopholes. Although I'm NOT a lawyer myself but at least, I find this episode fascinating. I thought about this murder mystery and the type of sleaze Yo BUMMER is in this episode. 

We have a book launching gone wrong. Professor Moon gets into a fight with his assistant who he uses and abuses to no end. This leads to a severe fight between them. Is it me or is Professor Moon really an idiot? The victim already warned Professor Moon of getting the whole conversation recorded yet the latter is SO STUPID to push through with it anyway. Professor Moon is later seen asking help from the series' villain Yo BUMMER.

I'm pretty interested with the relationship of Hong Joo and Jae Chan. It's possible we have a subtle Jae Chan/Yoo Tak and Hong Joo love triangle going on. Earlier, both Yoo Tak and Jae Chan themselves had a conversation on two possible outcomes. Jae Chan could quit as a prosecutor. There's the interesting moral dilemma. An autopsy could stop the saving of seven lives from the donor. Not gong on with the autopsy could save them. What could be done? 

This is one interesting episode especially when the witness to the crime is five years old. We know Yo BUMMER is always up to no good. He's the show's evil antagonist. Hmmm... should we tell him the next time he needs money that he should ask from the criminals? That's what he does best.

Professor Moon gets caught for assault. He tries to attack a child who has been a witness to the crime. How dirty can this old man get in exploiting the youth and now he attacks a child? Fortunately Woo Tak saves the day. This one gets the crook in custody but is it enough?

Everything around could affect the lives of seven patients AND the justice system. I really feel sorry for Dexter Boy Genius having to pass through kidney failure.


The second half (episodes 23-24) is somehow titled after Avril Lavigne's song "Knocking on Heaven's Door" though I hardly listen to Western music even when I can understand it. So what happens next is Jae Chan's tendency to be rash. He's in a Cassandra Truth scenario and how can you convince anyone you have the power to see the future? Here he also brings special cases where an autopsy AND an organ donation were possible which happens in the end.

Yo BUMMER proves he's no easy enemy to topple. What's with him and defending criminals anyway? I really, really love to hate this guy. I love the way he's written that makes him a really good villain for the plot but would hate to be around him. His scheming is taken to court where he tries to use plotholes to get Professor Moon not guilty of murder. I just love how intense this guy is and how he gives you the air of fright.

Fortunately for us, the hero Jae Chan uses tactics to appeal to a five year old witness. By pretending to be a friend of Santa-Chan, he gets everything out of a frightened five year old. Not only that, it's really amazing how Jae Chan's amazing knowledge kicks in. I doubt it I could figure things out on how to make sure Professor Moon does his time. I just love how it's done.

It was nice to see Yo BUMMER get frustrated after his well-thought evil scheme fails again. Is it me or should he have just migrated to the Philippines during the Noynoying years? I mean, he and that dirty lawyer Chito Gascon could have been good friends. All he does is defend the guilty provided that they can pay up for him. He's guilty of several charges of selective justice. I hope he gets a satisfying finish to his dirty schemes. Like I wish this guy dies a horrible death or gets a fate worse than death. I suggest shipping Yo BUMMER to dangerous hot spots to get rid of him for good.

Another incident shows up. We see Dae Gu weeping as he realizes his father committed suicide. It was a frame-up and looks like Yo BUMMER is up to no good again. Isn't there anything we can do to stop Yo BUMMER as of now?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the finale as scheduled on November 16. I mean, two more weeks and this could lead to Yo BUMMER's demise as the show's villain. I hope the writers will give us a good send-off and a satisfying end. I mean, why waste Yo BUMMER as a really terrifying villain with a lousy send off? Let him get hit by a huge truck. Let him get crushed. Just give us a good finale and I think the actor can do a terrific job showing us Yo BUMMER's comeuppance.

Comments