My Thoughts On While You Were Sleeping Episodes 19-20

Once again, thanks to Drama Beans for these wonderful pictures.

This is one of the more intense episodes and Hong Joo's bloodied hands show it. I really felt sorry for her in this episode as she tries to change the future but it could get worse.

Jae Chan's gets shot by some crazy old man who happens to be the father of the deceased archer. I guess the old man can't accept his daughter died by accident. I do have a feeling perhaps Yo BUMMER is also involved in what happened though I could be wrong.

This scene is pretty intense. The mother comforts her grieving daughter concerning the issue. It's too early to get rid of Jae Chan so by the power of the writer's pen - he gets successful treatment after four hours.

Meanwhile, Yo-BUMMER acts all "nice and clean" again even if he's a dirty lawyer. I thought this scene was pretty intense as ever. There's a real crime scene show here that I wish I could understand at just the first view. So what's Yo BUMMER implying it could have been fabricated? At this point, the prosecutors' office may sooner or later find out that Yo-BUMMER is a bad guy. 

This is a bit of humor. Jae Chan is still under the effect of the anesthesia during the operation. What I find to be funny is that he embraces Hyang Mi by mistake. Yes, from behind she would be mistaken to be Hong Joo. This gets into a bit of humor after the tense moments.

Yup, Hong Joo does express some jealous. We do have a Hong Joo/Hyang Mi/Jae Chan love triangle going on do we? Hong Joo does get a bit deluded for a while.

Here's a bit of a sub-plot. We have boy genius here who I'll call as Dexter Boy Genius though his name is Chan Ho. It's revealed that Dexter Boy Genius has chronic kidney disease and I hope the writers will not let him die. Dexter Boy Genius needs a kidney transplant ASAP. I wonder how the poor boy genius will be handled.

This also reaches to an intense moment where Jae Chan talks to the dying man who shot him. It's sort of a lecture of what life is and not to resolve to violence. We know that the dying man has cancer. The wife begs for forgiveness for the incident. I really felt so bad thinking on how Yo BUMMER may have manipulated a dying man. 

We see this closing scene of both Hong Joo and Jae Chan under the rain. Hong Joo's visions of meeting him happen. Before that, Hong Joo saw that Jae Chan could be half-dead and decided to run into him. We are concluded to a passionate kiss under the rain. I hope we see more chemistry from these guys until the final episode which would be episode 32.

So that means, we're going to have our tentative final broadcast by November 16, 2017.

Comments