Skip to main content

Kamen Rider Episode 5: Dangerous Identity


This week's Kamen Rider Build is somewhat building up some speculations in my head, pun intended. Anyway, here's my thoughts for this episode. I have to admit there's a little less nightmare fuel for now but there's probably going to be a lot more later. 

We discover the Cafe Nascita's owner was a former astronaut. Souichi was a member of Faust but I guess there's a price for betrayal. He simply wanted to save his daughter Misora from Faust. He stole that panel so he could create Kamen Rider Build. It's revealed he caused the whole Skywall incident though it's possible his trip to Mars may have unleashed an ancient evil inside the Pandora's Box. It looks like there's going to be an even bigger villain that's running everything behind the scenes.

Surprise or not? It turns that Kiryu Sento's real name is Satou Tarou. Okay, that's kind of an early twist in contrast to Kamen Rider Agito's revelation that Shouichi Tsugami is actually Tatsuya Sawaki. Both are amnesiacs. We get a bit of a lead on who he is.

I do have a hunch that the Government may have been infiltrated by Smash. I think it's possible that Blood Stark is actually responsible for both Faust Droids and the Government Droids. It looks like someone within the Government is working for Faust. It looks like Faust is taking over the three regions of Japan and is running some kind of Shocker/Gorgom hybrid organization for all we know.

This new form called NinninComic is a bit of a ninja. Okay, it's not what I want yet. I still wish we have a ninja Kamen Rider for once. But it's already a step (or not) to have a ninja Kamen Rider for this day and age. It also could do duplicate attacks.

This time, a revenge-crazed Ryuga decides to restore Tatsuya into a Smash. This won't sit too well with Kiryu/Tarou in the next episode. I can't wait to see some of the possible details. I would want to assume that Faust is secretly controlling the Government through their agents. I can't wait to see what could happen next.

Comments