What Kamen Rider Build Episode 3 Could Be Telling Me To Expect In Later Episodes

Okay I'm not so sure if I could keep up doing Kamen Rider Build episode reviews or if I should wait until the plot moves a little more forward before I do PLOT updates. Writing the weekly Kyuranger episode review has been easier IMO. I probably still feel bad I didn't attempt to do episode reviews of several Heisei era Riders. Anyway here's an interesting catch on what I could expect.


We get to see a preview of the three districts of Japan and how they operate. Things haven't been the same since the Skywall incident. We get to see these three faces who are trying to cope up (or not) with the Skywall incident. I don't have very good vibes with these guys. I suspect they could be part of the whole mess.

We have an idea how Faust operates. It's somewhat similar to how Shocker and Gorgom operate with blackmailing people into doing their bidding. Night Rogue looks really evil and gives me the chills. The new organization known as Faust is blackmailing people. Ryuga Banjo's frame up was done by someone whose family is held hostage.

I just love the latest form though is it me or is Bandai in general getting greedy again? It's okay to have good merchandise but sometimes, merchandise overload can destroy the plot. I sort of liked it better when the merchandise introduction was done in a more moderate pace. But it may not be such a bad thing if they could make it up with good writing. My preferences are still inclined to new school Kamen Rider than most of the Showa era. 

Somehow, the nightmare fuel of the earlier days of the Heisei era such as Kuuga up to Kabuto is back. While it's okay to have less scary, more fun Kamen Rider series and I admit I still have a soft spot for Kamen Rider Kiva's comical writing (even if Toshiki Inoue was obviously in burnout zone when he wrote it), Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider OOO and Kamen Rider Fourze which are all lighthearted seasons. Kamen Rider Gaim is less scary but better written than Kamen Rider Ryuki. I hope we don't get so much executive meddling because it'd be nice to have some nightmare fuel after so many seasons of lightheartedness. I got reminded of Kamen Rider Ouja's Venosnake just looking at this scene!

But I guess here's what may become a concern of mine with Yukari Taki's character. Her character of Sawa Takigawa may be close to becoming a Megumi Asano from Kamen Rider Ryuki. I hope Taki wasn't drafted by executives with, "Hey let's put another Megumi in Kamen Rider because I'm afraid Build is probably going to get parental complaints." I remembered finding Megumi in Ryuki to be attractive but blah she really RUINED almost everything every time she showed up. I hope Sawa doesn't do that in future episodes to come.

Comments