My First Impressions On While You Were Sleeping

I just started watching "While You Were Sleeping" and I have to admit it's addictive. I have to admit that I've got a stupid reason (the attractive actress) while it has a good story. Okay, I'm NOT watching a lot of shows with eye candy due to the bad plot all the while I tend to overpraise good shows with eye candy.


The main character Hiroyo Hakase Nam Hong-Joo is seeing horrible visions. She sees a man will die from lighting his lighter near a gasoline station. She starts to see an accident she will cause that could claim her mother's life. She wants to prevent it and she starts off by cutting her hair making her look more like the Japanese actress Maaya Uchida. She starts seeing dark visions and we're sent to another dream realm which the prosecutor Jung Jae-Chan sees the dark visions himself.

I guess the reason why this TV series airs late at night is due to some violence. Just seeing some scenes of blood from the car accident scene scares me. Seeing the heavy bleeding from the vision of Jae-Chan or the scene where he dreams of Hong-Joo killing herself is too much suspense. This also results to a weird bond where two people are drawn together by some kind of extrasensory perceptions about each other.

As of right now, I doubt it I may find the time (or devotion) to write episode reviews but maybe I will compile them every now and then. I'll be watching this TV series while I focus on both Kamen Rider Build and Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger. I may soon start to get myself more familiarized with the writers, producers and directors of K-Drama to help me critique things better.

What do you think of the first episode?

Comments