Kamen Rider Injustice: Kuroto Dan's Character Decay As Shin Kuroto Dan

Kamen Rider EX-AID is over and while I thought the series was entertaining, I tend to still find some minor issues in just everything. I know, I tend to CinemaSins things that much but I like giving it a shot every now and then. I mean, no matter how you like a series but I tend to always have something negative to say even for series that I speak highly about.


I thought about how Kuroto Dan's character decay. Yes, I still thought about how he was a real troll during the first half of the show. He's done much to the show such as the creation of the Kamen Rider Chronicle, he's making everyone's lives miserable. He had 23 episodes of sheer terror as a psychotic guy so I thought he should have either stayed dead or return as a more malevolent life form after he became a Bugster. I mean, make him a dangerous virus that would be a threat to everyone including his own father.


The arrival of his father Masamume Dan/Kamen Rider Cronus was a good one but writers didn't have to sacrifice the villainy of Kuroto Dan. I mean, I was excited to see Kuroto return unlike what happened to Bilgenia in Kamen Rider Black. But what happened is that he's reduced to a joke character. It reminds me of what happened to Garoa in Fiveman or Chevalier's later appearances in Fiveman made him a joke compared to before he took the captaincy. I feel the same thing happened with Kuroto and here's what I feel should have been done.

Remember, Kuroto wants godhood as much as his father. I would probably make it a three-way conflict. Kuroto could aim to take over the powers of Cronus for himself to achieve godhood. He could feign loyalty to his father while attempting a coup behind the scenes. This could create a whole new level of conflict. Scenes such as where Masamune tries to manipulate Hiiro Kagami into failing in an operation could have been used. Imagine that if Kuroto actually did the unthinkable like actually making Hiiro fail or steal away the data with Saki secretly. This could hurt Hiiro more but they find out his innocence. Then let Masamune discover his son is plotting to overthrow him but his son already has developed some resources to do so. This father/son conflict should've been done to trap everyone between the two villains rather than have Kuroto "defect" to the others as a comic relief anti-villain.

This could work itself in several ways. What if Kuroto manages to gather evidence against his father Masaume while he still has his malevolence intact. I could imagine possible levels of conflict that could happen if Kuroto were an enemy of both sides. Maybe, Kuroto could pretend to give up or convince the others that he's "changed" but he's only after power. Then maybe, another possible plot is where after Cronus is destroyed, Gemn could transform into Gemndeus and go haywire where they inevitably destroy him once and for all. Those are but a few ideas that I think were wasted when Kuroto turned into Shin Kuroto.

What do you think?

Comments

  1. Hey, at least Kuroto is a way more useful and funnier comic relief, unlike two idiots in a certain Power Rangers series who are just trying hard to be funny that it makes them so annoying that I despise them to the core, the way I despise Shoji Yonemura and Jonathan Tzachor.

    And Kuroto even left behind a lot of legacy in the form of memes. XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment