I'm Probably Rewatching Some Of These Last Decade Korean TV Series While Watching Kamen Rider Build And Kyuranger

I've been doing some Toku rewatches last decade. I may have even regret trying to leave Tokusatsu and now I'm also regretting trying to leave Korean series. I mean, why choose one over the other when I can enjoy the best of both J-Pop and K-Pop? I thought about it that while I'm watching both Build and Kyuranger (I could lessen my Toku viewing for now) I would probably marathon these ones but please don't expect episode reviews from me on these shows. 

I thought about why I didn't like Korean series (at first) was because of this fact: Autumn in My Heart was too sad a series. I still can't forget the stupidity that I cried over the scene where Song Hye Kyo's character died without putting into mind she's a girl I'll never have. Anyway, I could give it a rewatch if need be but not while I'm on an emotional rollercoaster.

I admit when it comes to action scenes I usually prefer Chinese over Japanese and Korean but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the best of three. I thought about Gu Family Book was a pretty good action flick (though Suzy Bae distracts me but the story is so good that it's only secondary or tertiary) with a bittersweet ending. Iljimae has Lee Jun Ki showing he could have been a Japanese Toku hero if he were Japanese. The role of the Korean Robin Hood was pretty fun to watch. But my memory of the plot is a blur now.

Spring Waltz is where I developed an obsession with Han Hyo Joo in some way. I guess I just didn't watch Toku that much so the Toku girls weren't distracting me. I admit, I'm usually more into Japanese than Korean girls but there's a few cases where a Korean girl is prettier without surgeries. This was the third of the Endless Love seasons. The number of tears got greatly reduced though I admit, I tend to just watch it for the attractive actress. But the story's good in its own way that I could look past the eye candy for the content. 

I guess this was pretty much I had too many biases (at first) never mind how I enjoyed a lot of senseless comedy from Japan and Taiwan. Full House was pretty much that though I still think of Rain as an abusive guy. I thought that maybe, I need to consider rewatching this one whenever I'm feeling down.

_______

On the other hand, there's still some new school worth checking out. I could try watching "While Yo Were Sleeping" starring Suzy Bae. I know, I'm caught red-handed again. =P

Comments