I Still Care About New School Korean Shows


I didn't care too much about Korean shows. I remembered how it annoyed me that much when the Korean invasion came in until I started enjoying Korean food. All that happened when I took a break from Tokusatsu to focus on other new stuff. I didn't like Korean shows that much but I started giving them a try anyway. Then I thought I had really dumb reasons to watch Korean shows considering I had a bad crush on Kim Tae Hee, Han Hyo Joo and Song Hye Kyo. I can't forget watching Forbidden Love, Autumn in My Heart, Spring Waltz, My Brilliant Legacy and Full House for eye candy. Ironically, I end up throwing any bad show with eye candy while I overrate those good ones with lot of them then I end up enjoying better written shows with so little or no eye candy.

So I wonder why do I still care about new school Korean shows? I didn't really care about K-Pop music unless if the music was that good. I still prefer J-Pop and C-Pop over K-Pop. I'm still more concerned about learning Mandarin and Nihonggo though Hangul can be useful these days. I don't find myself having the intention of learning Korean. Sometimes, it's all about seeking variety. I've seen a lot of Japanese Tokusatsu, Japanese Drama, Taiwanese Drama that it can become boring. I can remember how I wanted to take a break from Super Sentai (while still watching the new school Kamen Rider) then I find myself enjoying Kyuranger and Kamen Rider EX-AID this year. Also, one reason why I went back to watching newer Tokusatsu last decade was because I had an overdose of Taiwanese drama and I just needed a break. Then I thought watching Korean drama as another good alternative.

For me, it's taking a closer view at South Korean culture. After all, I still want more kimchi, kimbap and korean yakiniku. I end up enjoying some Korean stuff for its plot. I may not be such a huge fan of Korean culture, I still tend to think Japanese entertainment is superior to it but I'm still missing much if I don't check out good new school Korean shows. It's not like they're like those stupid teleseryes courtesy of ABiaS-CBN and GMA-7. Hmmmm... I guess those local networks have to rely on K-Drama to keep them running huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Kamen Rider Build Episode 3 Could Be Telling Me To Expect In Later Episodes

Sawa Takigawa May Be In The Danger Of Becoming The New Megumi Asano

My Top Ten Favorite Heisei Era Kamen Rider Series

What I'm Expecting From Kamen Rider Build After Episode Two

Heisei Kamen Rider Doesn't Get Better Or Worse Every Year