My Feeling of Seeing Qin Han and Liu Xuehua as a Classic Qiong Yao Couple!


Now this sounds odd that while I usually review contemporary films and movies, I would also end up actually liking Qin Han and Liu Xuehua in Chinese drama.  Odd?  Not really. the 1986 version of Romance in the Rain was sad and everything but Qin Han and Liu Xuehua were really charming even if their age gap was 13 years.  Qin Han and Liu Xuehua had a couple of projects together and the one I'm only really familiar with was Romance in the Rain.  The others were Across the Water and Courtyard Deeply which I'm a little more familiar with.


It's not hard for me to compare Qin Han and Liu Xuehua to both Jerry Yan and Barbie Xu as a couple, although the two of them only had a year difference with Barbie being older.  Now Jerry Yan and Barbie Xu were only paired twice... but as the same characters.  Meteor Garden II felt like a Qiong Yao drama to me.  My older kin loved Meteor Garden II better than the first season.  After watching Qin Han and Liu Xuehua as a couple, I sort of understood why my late eldest paternal aunt was a fan of Jerry Yan and she loved Meteor Garden II.  Not so hard to understand really... on my part that is!


I could understand why my auntie called Qin Han as "Jerry Yan Sr." and Jerry Yan as "Qin Han Jr.".  Qin Han's charm with Liu Xuehua in those series he was in made him look like Jerry Yan's later lead roles.  Jerry Yan could have been a much stronger Shuhuan than Leo Ku.  Seeing Qin Han's version of Shuhuan vs. Jerry Yan as Daoming Si, both characters show their debonair appeal when carrying the roles assigned to them.  I always wanted to shout, "Daoming Si!" to the scene of Qin Han soaking hard in the rain and I almost expected him to scream "Shantsai!" instead of "Yiping!" to Liu Xuehua.


Another comparison for me worth making is Liu Xuehua to Barbie Xu.  During that time, I really wished Liu Xuehua were Daoming Feng in Meteor Garden, as a symbolic passing of the torch to Barbie Xu.  In my own way, Liu Xuehua was a better Yiping than Vicki Zhao and... I even thought Barbie Xu would be a better Yiping too!  In Meteor Garden II, Barbie Xu plays a Shantsai who had uprooted all her spines and left vulnerable to reality.  Liu Xuehua's part as Yiping was also more or less the same.  Both actresses have such an impact in carrying out their leading lady roles.  It's not hard for me to see why one of my aunts compared Barbie Xu to Liu Xuehua.  I haven't seen anybody who could match Liu Xuehua's classic performance than Barbie Xu herself.


At this point, I really think we could get a Qin Han, Liu Xue Hua and Jerry Yan cast as father, mother and son.  In "Loving Never Forgetting", I really wanted Jerry Yan's parents to be acted by both Qin Han and Liu Xuehua.  They could have also acted as his parents in Hot Shot.  Only if this casting can happen for once in either a film or a TV series.

Comments