How Xiaogang in Dolphin Bay Reflect On Myself


Maybe one reason why Dolphin Bay is a hard rewatch was because, personal life kicked in.  I could relate to Xiaogang except I'm no musical genius.  Like Xiaogang I had to face an annoying foil, I fell for a cute mouse-like girl, played around with certain girls in fickleness and had a rival with a guy who looks like Xerya minus all the drama.

While the girl was a well-to-do girl girl and she was no love child but her mouse-like features always got me like how Tianbian's did to Xiaogang.  She's wasn't pretty but I was really deeply into her.  She wasn't pretty nor appealing but her kindness caught my heart.  But at the same time, I always had my "sad love story" excuse.  At the same time, I started treating her better because she was so innocent, how could I mistreat her further?  She had indirectly showed me that my irrational outlook towards the opposite gender was wrong.  Then I started to fall for her but it never worked out.

Those were the times I felt tears really fell down, not because I had an agenda, but because I really loved her.  In the end, no matter how much I tried to be nice, I could not get her.  Realizing she could not love me back romantically, I just had to let her go.  I couldn't bear to force myself on her especially how her tears had affected me as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wishful Thinking: Actresses Who Could Have Played As Guan Yin/Avalokitesvara In Journey To The West

My Top Ten Favorite Heisei Era Kamen Rider Series

Heisei Kamen Rider Doesn't Get Better Or Worse Every Year

Kamen Rider Kuuga Review

Saddest Deaths in Kamen Rider Ryuki

Why I Love Trying To Establish A Possible Connection Between Kamen Rider Kuuga And Kamen Rider Agito

Series Review: Kamen Rider Ryuki

Chinese Drama Legend: Liu Xue Hua

Wishful Thinking: Rin Takanashi x Tori Matsuzaka as a Geeky Couple

Series Review: Wish to See You Again