Kamen Rider Build Episodes 16-17: Hokuto VS. Touto Starts The Japanese Civil War

Okay, as I said I will be slowing down on Kamen Rider Build so don't expect weekly reviews from now on. Reasons are one, I think I'd focus (again) on Super Sentai, I'm also watching Hwayugi (but don't expect episode reviews like I did with While You Were Sleeping), trying to get a head start on Special Rescue Exceedraft, I'll try to get my Kyuranger posts done. Anyway, I'd like to write on the civil war breaking out.

This is where the Prime Minister of Hokuto, Yoshiko shows how much of a bitch she can get. She is allied with the Cafe Owner/Blood Stark as of the moment. Her plans are simple. Seize the Pandora's Box and I dunno what she wants with it. I guess Faust as an organization will sooner or later be gone or somebody could be the puppet master behind this whole conflict.


Meme lord Gentoku/Night Rogue (and now Ox Demon King in Hwayugi is competing for his spot) proposes an alliance with our heroes due to the fact that civil war has practically broken out. The revelation that Sento Kiryu is actually the scientist Takumi Kisaragi is something. I think Gentoku is telling Sento it was the latter's fault for guilt inducement. We can see in the flashback that Takumi was totally against the whole idea of using the Kamen Rider as a weapon of war and that Faust merely exploited his innovative ideas for the wrong reasons.

Also, we're introduced to Hokuto's newest war weapons. I guess Faust is no longer relevant (for now since its leader has now taken over the ranks of Touto) and that Hokuto wants power for itself. We're introduced to a new evil Kamen Rider known as Kazumi Sawatari/Kamen Rider Grease with his allies the Hokuto Three Crows. Quite interestingly, his actor Kouhei Takeda also played as Wataru's father in Kamen Rider Kiva which was ten years ago.

What's interesting is that Kazumi has no memories. Why is he startled at Misora? Did they have a past or anything or is she the the first thing he could remember after he lost all his memories. Right now, I think I'll just write the updates every other week to relax my mind.

Comments