How Kamen Rider Gaim Filled My Void During The Post-Gobusters Era Of Super Sentai


It can't be denied that after Gobusters, Kyoryuger came and then came Kamen Rider Wizard. Considering Kamen Rider seasons these days premiere around September to October, then it's normal that Kamen Rider Gaim aired during Kyoryuger's broadcast and ToQGer's broadcast. It would also be normal that Kamen Rider Drive aired during ToQGer's broadcast and Ninninger's broadcast... while Kamen Rider Ghost airs during the second half of Ninninger's broadcast.

Kamen Rider Gaim had a lot of what Power Rangers Samurai, Power Rangers Megaforce, Kyoryuger and ToQGer didn't have which was hard to imitate, high quality writing. I felt the concept of fruits was just stupid so I didn't want to watch it at first. The first episode wasn't all that interesting but I wanted another Battle Royale season and this show gave it to me and it gave me more interesting stuff. Kamen Rider Ryuki could have become better if it wasn't for all that unnecessary executive meddling. The second episode started getting into me, the third, the fourth and so on considering I felt this show had a lot of layers of mysteries and revelations though it isn't as complex as Kamen Rider Agito and Kamen Rider Kuuga.

What happened was that it was easy for me not to get excited about the next episode releases of Kyoryuger and ToQGer but I just got impatient with Kamen Rider Gaim. There's a lot of unanswered stuff that slowly gets answered per episode. There's a real clear conflict of ideals going with just all the characters with all their grayness in the moral area where the villains aren't really all that evil as some of them had their desires like Kaito's desire for a stronger world or Ucchy's insecurities, there's Helheim and Yggdrasil who are also difficult to figure out what their role was.

The after effect for me somewhat changed my view. I mean when I became back to Tokusatsu, I was more focused on Super Sentai than anything else. Then I would watch some Power Rangers but I felt like it wasn't really my favorite cup of tea. I felt like I wanted to focus more on Super Sentai but later, I felt like Kamen Rider was still worth a watch. I decided to watch Kamen Rider again and started liking it more than Super Sentai after Gobusters. Gaim just molded by view that as of late, Kamen Rider has been on top of me again.

Comments