I Still Care About New School Korean Shows


I didn't care too much about Korean shows. I remembered how it annoyed me that much when the Korean invasion came in until I started enjoying Korean food. All that happened when I took a break from Tokusatsu to focus on other new stuff. I didn't like Korean shows that much but I started giving them a try anyway. Then I thought I had really dumb reasons to watch Korean shows considering I had a bad crush on Kim Tae Hee, Han Hyo Joo and Song Hye Kyo. I can't forget watching Forbidden Love, Autumn in My Heart, Spring Waltz, My Brilliant Legacy and Full House for eye candy. Ironically, I end up throwing any bad show with eye candy while I overrate those good ones with lot of them then I end up enjoying better written shows with so little or no eye candy.

So I wonder why do I still care about new school Korean shows? I didn't really care about K-Pop music unless if the music was that good. I still prefer J-Pop and C-Pop over K-Pop. I'm still more concerned about learning Mandarin and Nihonggo though Hangul can be useful these days. I don't find myself having the intention of learning Korean. Sometimes, it's all about seeking variety. I've seen a lot of Japanese Tokusatsu, Japanese Drama, Taiwanese Drama that it can become boring. I can remember how I wanted to take a break from Super Sentai (while still watching the new school Kamen Rider) then I find myself enjoying Kyuranger and Kamen Rider EX-AID this year. Also, one reason why I went back to watching newer Tokusatsu last decade was because I had an overdose of Taiwanese drama and I just needed a break. Then I thought watching Korean drama as another good alternative.

For me, it's taking a closer view at South Korean culture. After all, I still want more kimchi, kimbap and korean yakiniku. I end up enjoying some Korean stuff for its plot. I may not be such a huge fan of Korean culture, I still tend to think Japanese entertainment is superior to it but I'm still missing much if I don't check out good new school Korean shows. It's not like they're like those stupid teleseryes courtesy of ABiaS-CBN and GMA-7. Hmmmm... I guess those local networks have to rely on K-Drama to keep them running huh?

Comments