Movie Review: Like Someone in Love


So this is really one film I watched for Rin Takanashi but overall, it's pretty bizarre and just didn't get my interest.  The role of Rin here is the hot high end prostitute Akiko who is dating Noriaki.  Really, I just thought the morals here are pretty loose.  So Akiko gets sent to be a client to an elderly guy named Takashi a much older professor who is more interested in making dinner than intimacy (phew) but still, disgusting considering the age gap.

This results to a series of complication which makes me think about the real condition of people here.  For Akiko why does she choose to be a prostitute than choose any other job?  Does she have any budgeting problems?  I guess the whole film does highlight the degeneracy issue of just anybody, no race involved.  I would say that even as a fan of Rin Takanashi, I didn't like her taking that role!

For Noriaki, it really is something that he doesn't know he's dating a prostitute and he later discovers that.  If I were him, I'd go outraged over that.  Of course, I'd hate to think if I were dating a prostitute.  This of course results to a rather complex incident.  So really hasn't Takashi seen he's too old for her?  I don't care really how it has many favorable reviews, I'm not one of them.

Rating? 3/10 stars. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiiro Kogami Contradicts Himself As Of Current

My Top Ten Favorite Heisei Era Kamen Rider Series

Heisei Kamen Rider Doesn't Get Better Or Worse Every Year

Movie Review: The Vampire Effect

Ryuki VS. Gaim: Which Battle Royale Rider Series Is Better?

Return of Condor Heroes 1983, 1995 and 2006

The Love Scar Mini-Series Starring Jerry Yan, Karen Mok and Jacky Cheung

Why I Prefer Most New School Kamen Riders Over Most Old School Kamen Riders

Romance in the Rain: The Novel's More Tragic If You Ask Me

Thoughts on Kamen Rider Gaim Up to Episode 35