What I Liked and Didn't Like About Meteor Garden II
Meteor Garden I was good but Meteor Garden II though as much as I liked it, I didn't like it as much.
Here's what I like about it:
- Dao Ming Feng as the evil witch is given an extended part. She's so important a villain to be given so less a role!
- Dao Ming Si's character development. At least in the end, he becomes more mature.
- More emphasis on Dao Ming Si-Hua Tze Lei love triangle is given.
Here are the weaker sides of the drama:
- Less confrontation between Shan Cai and Dao Ming Feng. Shan Cai's weaker side is revealed, then again even every tough weed has a weakness.
- Yesha. Yeesh. I really didn't like her character even if I didn't want her to die or anything. I just felt like she was getting in the way without knowing it. :P
- Also Ximen's father. He reminds me of some of my character flaws. Well the show got me to a certain point!
- Ge Wei Ru should have acted as Ximen's mom. I think she looks too elegant to be a mistress, she should have been HIS MOM!
- The story was too long. Seriously everybody should have focused on making more dramas instead of a sequel for Meteor Garden II!
- Xiao You has gone missing. Oh crud. Why oh why?
- Pace Wu's acting is so bad. She's pretty, yes but that's just it. But seriously Esther Liu is hotter than she is and a MUCH better actress, no offense.
- The breakup of Lei and Jing. Then again, Winnie Qian left due to some other reasons so it was pretty unavoidable.
- Not to mention EXTREMELY dragging for my taste for a regular soap opera. Too many fillers in between too.