Remembering My Paternal Grandma's Soap Operas...

I got to admit there was this time my my grandmother would watch those Chinese soap operas.  Here were some I could remember...

There were the Liu Xue Hua soap operas where she worked with Ivy Ling Po's husband Chin Han.  Okay I got to admit the gap is 13 years.  Yikes!  But Chin Han really looks SO YOUNG!  Some of their best projects were "Love in the Rain" (which had a remake starring Vicki Zhao and Alec Su), "Seagull's Home" and "Courtyard".  



There was also her borrowing those wuxia style novel soap operas.  I can't be certain to which was her favorite but I guess her favorite was Andy Lau's version of Return of Condor Heroes.  However they had to have a love story or she won't watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiiro Kogami Contradicts Himself As Of Current

My Top Ten Favorite Heisei Era Kamen Rider Series

Heisei Kamen Rider Doesn't Get Better Or Worse Every Year

Ryuki VS. Gaim: Which Battle Royale Rider Series Is Better?

Movie Review: The Vampire Effect

Return of Condor Heroes 1983, 1995 and 2006

Why I Prefer Most New School Kamen Riders Over Most Old School Kamen Riders

Romance in the Rain: The Novel's More Tragic If You Ask Me

Thoughts on Kamen Rider Gaim Up to Episode 35

Series Review: Kamen Rider Gaim